If you’re looking for a fast and simple pasta recipe packed with flavor, this garlic shrimp pasta is the perfect dish for you! It’s simple to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Garlic shrimp pasta is a popular Italian-American dish combining fresh shrimp, garlic, and pasta flavors. It is believed to have originated in Italian-American communities, particularly in the New York City area, in the mid-20th century. The dish is often made with spaghetti or linguine pasta, and the shrimp are typically sautéed in garlic and olive oil before being combined. Other ingredients, such as butter, lemon juice, parsley, and red pepper flakes, may also be added to enhance the flavor. Today, garlic shrimp pasta is famous in Italian-American restaurants and home kitchens across the United States.
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the linguine pasta following the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet for 2-3 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- Add the cooked linguine pasta to the skillet with the shrimp and toss to combine.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers to the pasta for added flavor.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, increase the number of red pepper flakes or add some chopped jalapenos to the skillet.
- Feel free to use any type of pasta you like, such as spaghetti or fettuccine.
Get the latest recipes, reviews, & more!
Join our TOP FOOD priority list to keep up with the latest news, recipes, reviews & more! Get Inspired & be inspiring.