Cajun alfredo sauce is a great choice for pasta and chicken dishes. Just Eat Up’s recipe consists of clear instructions and easy-to-find ingredients. Incorporating many spices, Cajun alfredo sauce is fun to make and tastes delicious. Enhance your typical pasta dish with this special mixture, and you’ll see it become a family favorite. Follow our cajun alfredo sauce recipe for a tasty experience.
I love Cajun alfredo sauce with farfalle pasta and broccoli. You can keep it simple or get creative with the ingredients featured in this recipe. Some of the special seasonings featured in this article are paprika, oregano, red chili flakes, cayenne, and Italian herbs.
Cajun Alfredo Sauce
Cajun Alfredo sauce stems from a classic dish made famous in Rome in 1908. A man named Alfredo di Lelio invented this meal when his wife lost her appetite after giving birth. She is not the only person who approves of Alfredo dishes, and now the sauce has many variations across the globe.
How To Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce
Learn how to make this famous Alfredo sauce that’s common in southern states by following our recipe. You won’t need much, just some heavy cream, garlic, parsley, cajun seasoning, cheese, and more.
- Cook the onions and peppers and set aside
- Melt butter and add garlic
- Add cream until the mixture is boiling, then simmer to thicken.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and Cajun seasonings, as well as onions and peppers
How Do You Spice Up Alfredo Sauce?
If you want to spice up your Alfredo sauce, we recommend trying new seasonings. Sometimes I like to add a hint of cayenne seasonings for a kick. You can also include herbs like basil to add flavor to the mixture.
What is the Difference Between Chicken Alfredo and Fettuccine Alfredo?
There are a few main differences between chicken alfredo and fettuccine alfredo. The creamy sauce is usually used when making chicken alfredo, while fettuccine is made using various sauces. If you’re looking for a simple recipe that does not take much time, try Fettuccine alfredo! At Just Eat Up, we’ve created a great list of directions for a trendy dish utilizing cajun.
Cajun Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
Cajun alfredo sauce is similar to traditional recipes, except with a slight twist. Please look at our list of ingredients below so you can prepare this delicious mixture.
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter sliced
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add butter and cream in a large saucepan.
- Start a simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
- With a whisk, add everything besides the cheese. Then slowly add the grated cheese into the sauce.
- The sauce should thicken, continue whisking until ingredients are melted and have nice consistency.
- Serve over pasta or entrée.
Cajun Alfredo Sauce Recipe Tips
Make cajun Alfredo sauce the traditional way and learn from our guided tips. Many people choose to add extra seasonings and spices to their mixtures. Please take a look at our recipe tips below for more information.
- Quality Parmesan cheese matters and will melt better.
- Use heavy cream for a creamier and thicker sauce.
- Add vegetables and herbs at the end.
Get the latest recipes, reviews, & more!
Join our TOP FOOD priority list to keep up with the latest news, recipes, reviews & more! Get Inspired & be inspiring.