The typical funnel cake recipe consists of delicious eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, and flavorings. This recipe is the same kind, except that you mix it with the pancake mix to make funnel cake. Pancake mix is easy to mix with a spoon. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and add some oil. Stir and then slowly mix the mixture into a ball, placing it on a baking tray. Please do this a little bit before cooking.
Preheat the oven and then prepare the funnel cake. Take a small ball of the pancake mix and place it on a spoon. Place it on a flat surface. Take a wire funnel and pour the pancake mix into the funnel. Twist the handle and use it to pour the batter into a ring-shaped pan. Fill the mold with batter and then place it in a baking pan.
What Is Funnel Cake Dough Made Of?
In this part of the world, we also refer to funnel cake as “pancake dough” because it has a bit of a pancake flavor. Suppose you mix some pancake batter with some sugar. In that case, we get this delicious funnel cake, which is served with various toppings. Did you know that with enough amounts of pancake batter, you can make fried balls with the shape and texture of a maple dip doughnut?
Funnel cake with pancakes
- We will take two large eggs, beaten. And you will also need a cup of pancake mix.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and pancake mix with a fork until combined.
- Then pour a small amount of the batter into a small frying pan, and cook until the pancake cake is cooked through, about three minutes per side.
Pancake Flour is the primary ingredient of funnel cake. The other ingredient is that leftover pancake batter from your Sunday brunch! The leftover batter can be used for any pancake recipe you like. And presto! You’ll be able to make the best funnel cake with no need for eggs!
You’ll get a sweet and fluffy dough with a golden color at the end. If made well, you will get the right texture.
What Is The Difference Between Funnel And Pancake Batter?
While most people are familiar with making funnel cake with egg batter and beaten egg, we will try out a different recipe, mostly made with pancake mix. We will prepare a regular pancake mix called “pancake mix,” then we will add eggs, milk, sugar, and baking powder to make the batter for the funnel cake. The pancake mix we are going to use is strawberry or blueberry.
Funnel Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup all purpose flower
- 4½ tbsp powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together milk, egg, water, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in sugar, salt, and baking powder and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add flour and whisk until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 1" of oil to 375°F over medium high heat. Use a thermometer to measure temperature. Once the oil is ready, reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour batter from a cup to form a string of batter. Move hand around and overlap the thing lines of the batter. Cook for 3 minutes. Then flip and cook for 1 minute. The funnel cake batter should be golden brown.
- Dust the funnel cakes with powdered sugar and serve. Repeat this process for all batter.
Get the latest recipes, reviews, & more!
Join our TOP FOOD priority list to keep up with the latest news, recipes, reviews & more! Get Inspired & be inspiring.