Coconut yogurt has been trending on social media via photos and videos. This popular food product is made with coconut milk and probiotics. Though its nutrients are lacking among other yogurts, this coconut flavor is still a favorite. Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, many health enthusiasts love this. Coconut yogurt can be found in grocery stores like Jewel Osco and Walmart.
Browse through brands selling coconut yogurt or make your own using our recipe. Just Eat Up has an extensive list of delicious healthy meals on this page. Check out our coconut yogurt recipe for detailed instructions that make it easy for you to make your perfect snack.
Coconut yogurt is perfect for those who are limiting their dairy intake. This particular kind of food also contains more energy but less protein. There are a variety of studies that compare coconut yogurt to Greek yogurt, all of which have exciting facts. Learn how to make delicious coconut yogurt at home using our guided recipe.
How To Make Coconut Yogurt
Enjoy the delicious taste of coconut yogurt with our homemade recipe. Follow our easy instructions to ensure a perfect healthy snack.
- Heat the coconut milk and whisk until it’s lump-free.
- Add probiotics or yogurt powder and mix until lump-free.
- Allow the coconut yogurt to incubate in a warm area for 24 hours.
Is Coconut Yogurt Better Than Normal Yogurt?
Coconut yogurt contains more energy than your typical yogurt. Some consumers enjoy this as a dessert that should be eaten in moderation. Normal yogurt has more protein than coconut yogurt and has less total fat when compared. There are various ways to change the nutritional value of this recipe, an experiment for yourself!
Which Is Better, Coconut Yogurt or Greek Yogurt?
When comparing coconut yogurt with Greek style, you must consider the carbs each contains. Greek yogurts have fewer carbohydrates and provide more nutrients than coconut-flavored yogurts. Though many eaters love the taste of the sweet version, it is higher in calcium and calories. Greek yogurt is also better at reducing glucose than plant-based products.
Coconut Yogurt Ingredients
Coconut yogurt is made with several ingredients, including, of course, coconuts. The fruit is collected and squeezed together to produce milk, fermented. Though it has different nutritional values, coconut yogurt is mighty tasty and a popular choice among people.
Coconut Yogurt Recipe
- 2 cups coconut milk organic
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp powder yogurt starter probiotics
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp of coconut milk in a small bowl. Whisk until lump-free.
- Transfer cornstarch mixture and remaining coconut milk onto a saucepan and heat over medium high. Use a thermometer to read the mixture until it reaches 180°F. Stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Let milk cool down until 110°F. This will allow fermentation.
- Once cool, combine yogurt started with a tablespoon of milk and stir until lump-free. Add to coconut milk mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar and leave in a draft-free area for 12 hours.
- Once the incubation period is over, put the jar into the fridge and let it sit for another 6 hours so the mixture thickens. Serve.
Coconut Yogurt Recipe Tips
Making coconut yogurt can be tricky, so you must follow our instructions carefully. Check out our recipe tips to better guide you into perfecting the snack.
- Brands matter – Different brands have a different results, keep an eye on the fermentation process
- Use wooden spoons – Avoid all metals, as they can deactivate probiotics
Get the latest recipes, reviews, & more!
Join our TOP FOOD priority list to keep up with the latest news, recipes, reviews & more! Get Inspired & be inspiring.