Looking for a new way to cook chicken entrees? Try this delicious apricot-flavored recipe that’ll become an instant favorite! Families and children love this sweet and savory dish. Learn how to create our apricot chicken by following our easy instructions.
You can cook apricot chicken in a slow cooker, oven, and more. I love this recipe because you only need a few ingredients, including preservatives, Dijon mustard, chicken, etc. The best things to serve with apricot chicken are quinoa, rice, and mashed potatoes. Follow our recipe and check out more ideas on our featured page!
Apricot chicken is a great dish that incorporates sweet flavors. Our recipe is easy to accomplish and requires a small list of ingredients. One of the main things you need is apricot preservatives. You can shop for this in your local grocery store, and I recommend the Smuckers brand. Fortunately, my wife obtained our apricot preservatives from an Amish town, which truly makes a difference in this dish.
You can take this apricot chicken recipe to another level by combining the preservatives with the onion soup mix and thyme. If you’re gluten-free, you can substitute some ingredients with special dressings that’ll satisfy your needs. When I’m in a time crunch, I prepare my apricot glaze and chicken in an instant pot.
Apricot Chicken Ingredients
You can find all the ingredients for this apricot chicken recipe at your local store. Make sure to review food labels from your choices to avoid anything unhealthy. Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need to make apricot chicken:
- Skinless chicken breast or thighs
- Apricot preservatives
- Dijon mustard
- Red pepper flakes
- Onion soup mix
Instant Pot Apricot Chicken
Instant pot apricot chicken features a delicious glaze that makes you hungry. Cooking the dish using this method will allow you to spend time doing other things with the family! The best results will come from an instant pot with an air fryer lid. Here are some simple recipe instructions for you to follow:
- Create apricot sauce in a medium bowl by whisking together apricot preservatives, Dijon mustard, onion soup mix, and red pepper flakes.
- Add a ½ cup of chicken broth into the instant pot, place chicken inside, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Pour a ⅓ of the apricot sauce on top.
- Cover the instant pot and set the cook button for 12 minutes. Afterward, move the valve to the vent and remove the lid.
- Discard the liquid from the pot and add the rest of the apricot sauce over the top of the chicken. Cover with an air fryer lid and cook for 5 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
What To Serve With Apricot Chicken
The great thing about apricot chicken is that you can serve it with practically any side! From white rice to quinoa and baked potatoes, feel free to experiment. For a healthier alternative, I pair the apricot chicken with cooked vegetables like carrots and broccoli.
Get the latest recipes, reviews, & more!
Join our TOP FOOD priority list to keep up with the latest news, recipes, reviews & more! Get Inspired & be inspiring.